PDA

View Full Version : Hello all Noob from Ohio...

remoc8116
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
As stated i am from Ohio, I am (was) a Deputy Sheriff until an on the job accident caused me to have to retire last year, I fell on my handcuffs and shattered from my L3 all the way down and after 2 surgeries i am as good as i am going to get. My new passion i decided was to find a decent car or truck and restore it, I came across a 1989 Dodge Ram 50 4x4 and instantly fell in love with it after driving it.

I am just starting and been trying to find parts with no luck, I need a gas tank as mine is leaking from the seam and lots of other things. I will be on here asking noob questions so please be patient with me..LOL If anyone know's where i can find parts for this please let me know, I am attaching a couple pics of my truck....

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb294/remoc8116/myD50.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb294/remoc8116/D502.jpg

Stunner
07-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Welcome!

The only gas tanks I have seen were for '83 to '85 D-50's.
I haven't found any for the later models, though maybe someone else here has.
You could try car-part.com, where I'm sure you could find a good used tank at a reasonable price.
If that doesn't work, you could always try e-Bay.
Good luck to you on your search.

Nice truck, by the way.

remoc8116
07-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Welcome!

The only gas tanks I have seen were for '83 to '85 D-50's.
I haven't found any for the later models, though maybe someone else here has.
You could try car-part.com, where I'm sure you could find a good used tank at a reasonable price.
If that doesn't work, you could always try e-Bay.
Good luck to you on your search.

Nice truck, by the way.

Thanks, I have tried both of those places and also have only found tanks from 83-85

Stunner
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Hmm... really? Well, not finding one on eBay isn't surprising, since I looked there a couple days ago and didn't see any tanks. However, you not finding one by checking car-part.com does surprise me, as I found quite a few the other day. Maybe I entered the wrong info or something. Sorry that you couldn't find one.

Have you tried taking it to a welding shop, or calling one, and seeing if they could repair your gas tank? Welding up some leaking seams doesn't sound like too difficult of a job to do.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you get it fixed soon (and cheaply). ;)

mikewarme
01-27-2014, 07:23 AM
The tanks are available from Japan BTW guys. Let me know if you ever need.

royster
01-27-2014, 07:38 AM
That truck is SWEEEET!

I have one, just not sure about shipping, or if they differ for the 4x4. It IS for a carborated model, and they are different from the fuel injected tanks.

Fordubishi
01-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the nut house. looks like you have a nice little project there. Also nice to see a fellow VF(R) owner.