PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a dash cover?

jackdangle
07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I found this today and wanted to know if anyone else has bought one and if so how they like it? If you do have one, can you please post some pics of it?
Thanks!
http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCaps.asp?Itemid=11147&MakeId=33&ModelId=167

Rickdees
07-23-2011, 06:56 AM
I have seen these before a couple of years ago, But never have seen or heard of anyone using one. Some one makes a lite carpet type cover for our trucks that really don't look bad and fit well.
Also Mike W. did have a new O.E. dash. He has a lot of new stuff for our trucks. The O.E. dash is expensive and rare as hen's teeth.

derek6790
07-23-2011, 06:35 PM
yes i have a molded plastic dash cap i can make pics of. its a nice snug fit. use alot of silicone and you can cut the stock dash to shape if its sun warped for a nice snug fit. ill add some pics soon to my albums and show you.

mikewarme
07-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Here's what happens......... If your old dash is warped bad you'll have to shave it alot and in doing so you will end up shaving alot at the top and it will not have anything left to hold it making it look almost worse. When warped bad the glove box door jambs too. Personally I think the cap is a waste of money unless your dash has hairline cracks only. Having the dash re done gives the truck a NEW feeling. Rick........ whats funny is I haven't even used any of my NOS dashes and do not want to touch them! LOL

derek6790
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Mike knows what hes talking about. Dont get to happy with the knife. but for you and i, a cap is the only way to go. Good luck : )

jackdangle
07-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks! I would like to see the pics of your dash!