PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting my hands on...

MaxinOut
07-11-2014, 03:47 PM
I might be getting a 4g63t with dsmlink for 600. He said for that price though its going to come without the turbo, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, and injectors. It is a 6 bolt though. I'm highly contemplating it. If I get it it'll be a while before I make progress on doing the swap, because I want to rebuild it/build it some. What would you guys suggest. I think for the price it's good because the v3 dsmlink usually goes for around that price, right?

Merrill
07-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm kinda bias toward the things.... I rarely ever buy someone else's build, engine, custom anything. 9 times out of 10, you're buying junk. It costs more to fix junk than to build your own the first time.

Not implying the seller is BS-ing you, but all you know is what you are being told about it. You can't verify all of it in the end unless you tear it all down before purchasing.

Not sure if that helps, but that's my view.

geezer101
07-11-2014, 04:31 PM
If you plan on rebuilding it and you're getting the DSMLink thrown into the deal, I think it's viable as long as the ancillary stuff to get it running isn't a pain to source. To me it sounds like the engine was cannibalised for the high demand parts.

MaxinOut
07-11-2014, 06:11 PM
I was thinking about just getting the dsmlink but he wants 400 if I just buy that with the wiring harness. I figured for the extra 200 I would be better off buying the engine too. I appreciate the input. Thanks guys