PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the best windsheild seal?

Malaking_TT
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM
I just had a new windshield put in my 86 this morning and it is already leaking into the cab between the glass and rubber. I couldn't be more pissed than I am right now. The guy installed it in the rain, didn't put any sealant at all on it, didn't get it centered properly and he used a cheapo POS chinese seal WTF??? It's a good thing my son pulled a tarp over it shortly after they guy left or my new carpet would be soaked by now. I can do a much better job myself and I intend to if I can find a seal worth a crap. [/venting]

4D55 Performance
03-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a couple OEM seal from Mitsu. I am not sure if they are obsolete or not. Have you checked with the dealer?

pennyman1
03-28-2014, 09:18 PM
either get them from a dealer, Mike Warme, or from Steele rubber products. Mike has looked at them and said they are made even better than the originals for a first gen.

mikewarme
03-31-2014, 06:53 AM
I think steele is china now to Robert . I have genuine originals $110 shipped to your door. These except trim. That is all Mitsu sold for these weather they had trim or not they came with the same rubber .

pennyman1
03-31-2014, 07:34 PM
that sucks that steele went china on us. I am going to see if the windshield can be glued in like the new cars are. I remember A guy did that to his on a 1st gen but I didn't look close enough then and him and the truck are long gone.