PDA

View Full Version : Bagged front end steering problems

nralexnralex
03-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Wut up... So im new to the forum and already headed in the right direction with help. Question?? my MM is bagged and bodied on 18s and the front is just bagged basic with drop spindles but my steering is all fucked up, was bagged by someone else who did great work they just didnt fix the steering problems. Was wondering how you real mm builders fix this problem. Really dont wanna Z my frame but if have to o well. thanx again for help

camoit
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
So whats the problem?
We need more info on what it's doing or not doing. Pictures would be good also.

DroppedMitsu
03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Yea your post is vague, what problems are you having with the steering exactly?

rxinhed
03-26-2014, 09:16 PM
And please use a font color we can read...

nralexnralex
04-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Wut up fellas sry bout the font it was black when i was typing lol.. so my problem is that when my truck is aired up a lil over half way or locked up all the way, the tires pull out from each other and i really dont want to Z my frame to fix but if push comes to shove i might have too.. I will try and get pics but my laptop being stupid lately.. I have to turn the tie rod to get the tires to pull in a lil but one goes one way and and so does the other. I have drop spindles and pie cut upper and custom lower so idk thanx in advance for the help.!

BradMph
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Someone here can help as soon as the owners that have done what you have come strolling in. Usually 24hrs gets answers around here or more questions, either way.

Rickdees
04-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Your experiencing bump steer, I could explain but not like a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKJAukSZRT0
These front ends, there designed to ride at a certain height with minimal bump steer. This model has a rack and pinion but what I"m showing you "is" the effect of what your front ends is doing.
Our trucks have strut rods that holds the lower control arm (ball joint) set a certain distance and when you go up and down that distance (pushing and pulling) causes part of the bump steer as well as the tie rods do!
This is ALL about geometry of the front end and I know this only because I tried everything to correct it. You can get a a gauge that monitors two air bags R/L so you can run a certain pressure to find that sweet spot while your driving.
The only bump steer "free" front ends while running bags are Pinto/Mustang ll or Dodge Volare.
My fix was a was 74 Pinto for $40 and a lot of hours, they do make kits but not for $40.

94mitz
04-04-2014, 05:26 AM
With my truck, I kept the strut rods when I bagged it. It haset been driven for any long distances yet but i dont recall my tires pushing out when aired out.

Rickdees
04-05-2014, 04:16 PM
This is Tom's bagged 87 mighty max from the old forum. You do have it, you just haven't noticed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp3x3qGc2P4

noahwins
04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
That truck was insane. Where is it now?

Rickdees
04-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah Tom went all out on the truck but after he moved to another state for his job he fell of the face of the earth. As far as I know he could have sold it. He's posting mustang videos and a nice one at that.
Here's the last one he uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2dHg_fiHM

bobbyk
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
That truck was on Craigslist in my area a month or two ago. I've seen them videos before so I knew the truck as soon as I seen it.

BradMph
04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Very talented person. Especially nice work done.