PDA

View Full Version : Bumper valance. rubber??

Kaos731
03-10-2014, 10:05 PM
hey guys i remember reading somewhere on these boards of someone replacing the bumper valance with rubber floor skirting.

I cann't find that thread again for the life of me. can someone post a link to that thread so I can see where to get this stuff at?

I am thinking about just covering my grungy valance with the stuff to hide it!

Thanks in advance

- Kaos

Kaos731
03-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm I guess no one knows what the heck I'm talkin about.

I did several searches on here but I can't find it again. It is driving me crazy cuz I know I saw it here on these forums...

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

lush90
03-14-2014, 10:16 PM
I can't recall that thread but the newer style bumper(94-96) is a bolt on replacement that does away with that flimsy valence. Easy one hour job and gives much better protection.

DroppedMitsu
03-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Do a search for Volvo lip. They didn't replace the valance but add a lip to the bottom of it.

BradMph
03-15-2014, 08:35 PM
I was the one that used the rubber trim. Works great and is flexible and last long time.

Kaos731
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I was the one that used the rubber trim. Works great and is flexible and last long time.

DUDE hwta is the rubber stuff called and where may I acquire some for my beast?

BradMph
03-17-2014, 04:33 PM
DUDE hwta is the rubber stuff called and where may I acquire some for my beast?

I used the floor edging found at Lowes Hardware. They had 2 different kinds, one was softer then the other and I went with the stiffer one. The pieces came in 4 ft. lengths if I remember right, so you will need to add to them on the sides and I also doubled them up for extra strength on the truck, single style on my MR2.
click image will enlarge

Kaos731
03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
I used the floor edging found at Lowes Hardware. They had 2 different kinds, one was softer then the other and I went with the stiffer one. The pieces came in 4 ft. lengths if I remember right, so you will need to add to them on the sides and I also doubled them up for extra strength on the truck, single style on my MR2.
click image will enlarge

Sweet! Next payday I will be making a trip to lowes to get a gift card for Royster so while I'm there I'll get that stuff too!
Dude my little Ragnarok is gonna look beast! LOL

royster
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
I believe Brad's talking about rubber coving, and from the photo, that's what it looks like. It's used as a baseboard, sort of. VERY clever, Brad, and nice execution of the installation.

That will be in the flooring department, and they do sell it in longer lengths, black and brown are all I've ever seen it come in.

Frank, let me know how that reservoir fit.