PDA

View Full Version : DGheaders Performance header: New design tri-y 2.0 2.4 2.6 g63b 4g64 g54b

DGHeaders
12-17-2012, 05:56 PM
New Design Tri-y headers for your paired-port and spread-port exhaust pattern.
Alright all you Ram guys out there...
you asked for it so here it is.

The all new re-designed Tri-y header for your paired-port and spread-port Mitsubishi.
The header will be offered in four basic versions as displayed below:
Please let me know if you want oxygen sensor ports installed:

Stage 1: Mild steel with formed collectors for $500.00, plus s&h (as pictured in previous thread).

Stage 2: Racing Mild steel header with High Performance scavenging Merge collectors for $700.00, plus s&h (as pictured below).

Stage 3: Performance, stainless steel headers with formed colectors for $975.00 plus s&h.

Stage 4: Racing, stainless steel header with High Performance Scavenging Merge collectors for $1,275.00 plus s&h.

All items will be shipped out of http://www.dgheaders.com
Auburn Ca 95603 (530)823-2633
Thanks DG Headers

DGHeaders
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi guys just checking in to see if there is any interest in the new products, we need somebody to
step up and try the headers, we can't move forward without some feedback. The reason for pushing
the headers is to see if we need to make any adjustments to the design. Let me know what you think
of the Paired-port design with the Merges. I'm willing to work with you guys on the boards, don't worry
I'm not going to stick you with the headers if they don't fit, I'm confident that they will work just fine we built
them off the orignal Thorley header which fit great. Look forward to some feedback.

Thanks DG.

MaxinOut
12-22-2012, 12:35 AM
As soon as I am able to piece the money together (which is going to be a while) I assure you a pair is going on mah truck

DGHeaders
12-22-2012, 11:08 AM
No problem, I understand that the introduction of the new headers did not start at the most ideal time of year.
Let me know when your ready. Look forward to hearing from you, have a Happy Holiday. Thanks DG

bobsnewdirection
12-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm going to get one of the paired port also. Timing is terrible with Christmas. I'm hoping in a month. I am going to get one for sure

DGHeaders
12-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Sounds good let me know when your ready.

recian
12-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Do you make those paired port headers for the 2.4? because that looks like a 2.0 head but I could be wrong.

camoit
12-24-2012, 01:43 PM
The head you see in the pictures is a 2.6L head. It was used to make the header flange for the spread port heads. It was a junk head sent by one of the Donators to help complete the projects. The paired port head we rented from a junk yard for 25 bucks. It was a 2.4L paired port. The two headers that are made will fit all the D50 and Mighty Max trucks. There is only 2 types of exhaust manifolds. The O2 port on the paired port header was moved down to the lower merge. This was done to give the computer (or wide band gage depending on your application) the overall fuel air ratio for the hole engine and not just cylinders 1 & 2. But it can be placed where ever you would like it. Or other modifications may be made to fit your needs.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4239&d=1355795365 http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4232&d=1355795028

DGHeaders
12-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes you are right Camoit, we just used the cylinder head for set up and display. The correct cylinder head was used in prepartion
for the paired-port header. No worries the flanges fit the cylinder heads as they should for both applications and so do the header
tubes themselves. There is only two manifold types for the 2 litre apps.

recian
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM
these are pretty good looking. It may be awhile before I look into a set. I'm curious if you've put a set on your own truck and have any numbers to show the difference. I know my manifold is cracked so one day I'll need a set of headers.

camoit
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
The spread port header was copied from the one I had on my 2.6L now owned by Mopar_JA It's nearly a direct copy of the Doug Throughly system. They just don't make them any more. When they were in production this was the way to go. They developed more torque and can handle the higher flow of high RPM engines. It made a huge difference on my 2.6L with the weber. But I never did put it on a Dino because you could feel the difference. Add in a reground cam and you will smoke the tires like no tomorrow.

sleeps
12-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Very nice looking, hopefully a few people can get these so the price can go down, I hate it, but I would never spend even close to $500 for a header for this cheap of a vehicle. The gains are not worth the tag. But hopefully with demand price can go down. They are a lovely work of art, and glad there are some available for those with the funds!

DGHeaders
12-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Hopefully we get a big enough response that would warrant having the bends made up in a cnc bender.
By doing this we can make the proper adjustments to the price tag, at this point in time it is not feasable
to have a big run produced, therefore we will have to play it by ear. Thanks DG

Finnie3d
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Good looking header DG, Cam! I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do. (I thought all was lost when D.T. stopped making them.) I'm glad to see you guys picked up the torch. *croc hunter's voice* Crikey! Is that a pun I see there lurking in the bush...?" lol

Acuta73
01-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Question:

Will I need to open my exhaust ports to get full benefit, or no? Don't mind either way, just need to know.

I REALLY want stainless just for the case color. With my 38/38 Synchro, polished manifold and intake ports, ground cam, stiffer springs, OS stainless valves...can I forego the Stainless Merge and just go with Formed? That almost $1300 pricetag is killing me...

$975 hurts bad enough!

camoit
01-06-2013, 01:17 AM
I think they are matched to the exhaust gasket holes. You don't need to open your ports unless you want to. You can always get the one he has and have it coated like I did to mine. But Stainless is nice looking.

DGHeaders
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
You do not have to open the exhaust ports, the flange was designed for the factory head. The ports in the flange are a shade over 1.625, we did this for anti-reversion. You can open the exhaust ports up on the cylinder head, but it is strictly @ your discression. If so I would need to know because the flanges would have to be modified along with tube diameter. The header as it stands will work best if you leave the exhaust ports alone. If you make the exhaust ports to large, it will kill the exhaust speed and you will not get the benefits from the header as anticipated. To answer your other question Acuta73 for the amount of mods that you have, the Merge collectors will enhance all them.The merges will help in the fact that the exhaust will be scavenged more efficiently, this is crucial when making a camshaft, and intake change which you have. This in turn will make the whole package work in unison, always remember when you do mods on the one side you need to also look at the exhaust side. If the merges are out of budget the formed collectors will work just not as well. If you want every once of power the merges are highly recommended from a performance stand point. Thanks DG

BradMph
02-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Those look nice and sure would like a pair, but I could not afford $500 for a 4 cylinder exhaust manifold. If your prices ever drop to my affordability, I would swoop a pair up instantly.

joey_crandall
02-04-2013, 02:30 AM
if you could make a sturdy turbo header for the 2.6 the starion guys would be all over this.

camoit
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Those look nice and sure would like a pair, but I could not afford $500 for a 4 cylinder exhaust manifold. If your prices ever drop to my affordability, I would swoop a pair up instantly.

It takes about 4 1/2 days to build just one with all the cutting, welding, CNC machining, and porting. If you want a top of the line custom built header, this is it. Any buddy that wants to produce more power or finish off there custom build then this is the only way to go.

JohnnyC5
02-06-2013, 10:15 AM
OK what kind of mpg improvements will i see with the new exhaust header. I woud like to drive up and see the product if you dont mind, Next week I will be trying to head uo to camoits area 51. Right now I am deployed so when I get back Ill pm you.

Tsiturbomightymax
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
How about paired port, top mount's for a DSM style turbo?

camoit
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
We only have the non turbo headers. Both paired port and spread port. As seen in post #8

Tsiturbomightymax
02-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I know but could ya fab something up and if so how much for just a mild steel setup?

camoit
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
He can, but we need an engine, turbo, and a truck to work with.
We have nothing to build around or where the parts would go.

This is what he had to go around with my build. So it can be done, but I spent nearly 3000 to get mine out the back. It was a tight squeeze. 1/8 inch in places. It went around the frame, steering column, shocks, and over the bell housing then next to the coolant lines. It can be done. but prototyping isn't cheep.

4715 4717 4716

recian
02-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm curious how much interest you've had in these since introduction. Also whoever has them what kind of gains have you seen? Has there been enough interest to drop the price any yet? :P lol I could use a new manifold for my 94 and I'd like to put headers on it but having to run a custom exhaust ontop of that I'm not sure if I want to commit to that much yet. Especially since I'll be getting rid of the truck when I get my diesel going. Also have you considered building one for the 4D55T? Since it's a turbo manifold would it even be worth building? It's pretty short as is.

camoit
02-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm curious how much interest you've had in these since introduction. Also whoever has them what kind of gains have you seen? Has there been enough interest to drop the price any yet? :P lol I could use a new manifold for my 94 and I'd like to put headers on it but having to run a custom exhaust ontop of that I'm not sure if I want to commit to that much yet. Especially since I'll be getting rid of the truck when I get my diesel going. Also have you considered building one for the 4D55T? Since it's a turbo manifold would it even be worth building? It's pretty short as is.

We have had lots of guys asking about them, but no one has pulled the trigger. So the board has 1 spread port and 1 paired port. If you get one of these it would be the last header you will ever buy for the life of the truck. You can coat them, wrap them, or weld things to them if need be. Un-like a stock header.

As for gains, I don't think anybody but Finnie3D has access to a Dyno on a regular basis. I had a throughly on my truck for years. It mad a huge difference. I could tell there was more flow from the first day it was on. You don't need to replace the hole system if you don't want to. Just adapt it to the headers. The majority of back pressure in any exhaust is in the manifold. You need to keep the hot gas moving as fast as possible to the collector. Then you make the pipe larger.

As far as building different headers. The board needs to make back the money it has put forward in building the ones we have now, before we can work on the next set. The big problem is there are no header plates made by any commercial supplier.

BradMph
03-11-2013, 08:13 PM
The only way I could see to lower a price for a header is to shorten them. This saves material & labor time and in any other areas that come up.
I have a design that I would like to have made. I think the builder could knock these out faster, and much cheaper and it would serve the same purpose we all want, power and that nice sound of tuned exhaust.
When can we get started?

This is the Advance Header from Australia, I'm sure shipping would kill the cost advantage.

camoit
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
When can we get started?

The board can not do any thing until the ones we have are sold, and the board has it's money back. Prototyping takes money.
Also on the one seen above it's for a front wheel drive car. Even if it was short like that you would still need to build the down pipe and connect it to the tail pipe. So any cost saving would go away.
The only way the cost would come down is if people buy the ones we have, and then we go through the expense of having all the pipes reproduced in mass by a CNC bender. Or you get 5 orders to buy them all at once.

pennyman1
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
That is the same header I sold blind eyed to have made for the paired port motor - when he went to have it made the price was about the same as the headers DG made. pacesetter still has the jigs to make a paired port header, but wants an order for 10 at $250 ea before they will make them.

camoit
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Here is what Lsr Mike had to do to fix the Pacesetter hearer he had.
Leeks, porting, milling, welding, then tossed it into the trash.
If you want top of the line quality that will last you a life time then ours is the way to go. It's 100% new fabrication from the CNC header plates to the discharge. This is the only Try-Y you will find out there that is Ported,Tig welded, and Milled flat to ensure a good seal.

We would never send somthing like this out as a finished product. Credit given to LsrMike for the pictures.

4910 4911 4912

LSR Mike
03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Actually I didn't trash it, after I had it re-welded to fix the leaks and ported it, I used it till I went the Turbo Route in 2008. I sold it to TintedDodgeRam for $90 in May of 2009.

In the Pix of the engine you can see the Manual Adjust rockers, What is wrong with #1? (click to Enlarge)

Edit: removed e-mail address for privacy.

pennyman1
03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Lose something there LSR Mike... lol - which engine was that?

Acuta73
03-14-2013, 05:36 AM
It's on there, only backward...looks exactly like something I would do. Then cuss for a while while I pulled it all apart again to fix it...

Ram50808
04-02-2013, 12:56 AM
These will work for my 89 ram50 2.0?

camoit
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
These will work for my 89 ram50 2.0?
The headers the board has will work on any gasoline spread port or even port engine we have in these trucks Mitsu or Ram. 2.0L 2.6L 2.4L etc. We have them for the 2 different types of head exhaust ports they used through the years. Just keep in mind there not a bolt up replacement. You will need to make some exhaust pipe changes after the header. Any exhaust shop can make the changes to your pipe. It's recommended but not necessary to replace the hole system. Dump the cat and other restrictions, and put in a nice Flow Master. Unless you must SMOG. Then you need to check with your state laws.

Ram50808
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
PERFECT I was planning on replacing my complete exhaust system anyway! Do they come in any type of coating or just bare steel?

camoit
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
The best thing to do is find a local coater guy to do the work after you fit the new to the old. Each shop is different on how they want to connect the pipe to the header. Some guys like the band some don't. Rockauto.com should have the gasket you need for the exhaust. There is also a band clamp you can use to seal it. Then all the muffler guy would do is slip the new pipe into the header. It's a slip fit.

pennyman1
04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Or use permatex ultra copper gasket maker - Geronimo's header was put on 25 years ago with it and the stuff has survived with no problems, even when I leaned him out accidentally and turned the header cherry red.

camoit
04-22-2013, 06:29 PM
PowerRam348.

Your header is ready to ship out.
If any body wants a spread port header we will need to have it built for you. The only header we have in stock is a paired port.

5366 5365

PowerRam348
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
here it is

camoit
05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Here is what the 2.0 looks like with one of the MightyRam's header.

BradMph
05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
There is a couple of muffler shops that do excellent work here in town. I took my toyota to them and asked to have the exhaust muffler just tucked up under car more and fix a small leak. They told me that they will fix the leak because it's a safety issue, but would not do anything else to the pipe. The guy said that since there is no catalyst on the vehicle which had one, he was unable to do any work. According to federal government law stipulations he said he couldn't touch anything else.
Have anyone else heard about this or had a problem with a vehicle with a cat removed and needing exhaust work?

camoit
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
He just did not want to work on your truck.

PowerRam348
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
i agree with camoit, that guy just didn't want to do it. my exhaust guy will work on anything you bring to him. he's built several full custom exhaust systems for me and i always have my mufflers built not bought. by the way, thank you camoit, the header got here this afternoon. i can't wait to put it on this weekend.

pennyman1
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I had the same issue here in the 'burgh - my custom muffler shop will do anything I want, but it must have a cat if it had one originally -it is a federal law. For Geronimo, it actually made him run better by giving just enough restriction at low rpms to keep the torque up - too good an exhaust will kill the low end on these trucks.

PowerRam348
05-16-2013, 04:19 AM
There is a couple of muffler shops that do excellent work here in town. I took my toyota to them and asked to have the exhaust muffler just tucked up under car more and fix a small leak. They told me that they will fix the leak because it's a safety issue, but would not do anything else to the pipe. The guy said that since there is no catalyst on the vehicle which had one, he was unable to do any work. According to federal government law stipulations he said he couldn't touch anything else.
Have anyone else heard about this or had a problem with a vehicle with a cat removed and needing exhaust work?

what you need to do is search around for small time or mom and pop exhaust shops. those will be the ones that won't care about the catalytic converter or will only require that you pay cash for the work.

BradMph
05-16-2013, 09:48 AM
This fix wasn't on my truck, it was my Toyota MR2. I told the guy I wouldn't say anything about the fix, he still stood his ground and said he couldn't touch a vehicle with the cat removed. I'm sure the other shop here would do it. These guys I brought it to are on the main blvd in town and have been around for decades. They have a car out front as an advertisement and it looks like a big muffler, lol.
I need to just buy myself a welder and do the stuff myself.

BradMph
05-16-2013, 10:00 AM
sorry double posted my message by mistake. I cleaned it so not to read it twice

amcervantes
08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
The only way I could see to lower a price for a header is to shorten them. This saves material & labor time and in any other areas that come up.
I have a design that I would like to have made. I think the builder could knock these out faster, and much cheaper and it would serve the same purpose we all want, power and that nice sound of tuned exhaust.
When can we get started?

This is the Advance Header from Australia, I'm sure shipping would kill the cost advantage.

spread port headers in this style would be perfect right about now. my exhaust manifold just cracked and I am currently looking to replace it

sleeps
09-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Yeah, Im curious what that pair port 2.4L style header is for? Where can you get one?

camoit
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
We will have the paired port ready some time soon. As soon as JonnyC5 gets back in country and we can get his truck up to DG Headers we will have them ready to go for the MM trucks.

JohnnyC5
09-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Guys just got home from Afghanistan Ill get with camoit and see what e can do to get this rolling.....sorry the wars in this world pull me from more than just my family, it takes me away from my truck.....tear.

BradMph
09-06-2013, 06:06 PM
welcome back :usa:

JohnnyC5
11-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Update….the Mighty max is up in auburn at dgheaders place……pics to come and updates from dom.

BradMph
11-08-2013, 11:11 PM
want to hear them headers on the truck too, don't forget a video for us. :)

JohnnyC5
11-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Maybe Dom will post some pics????

Redneckmoparman
11-13-2013, 10:27 PM
is it possible to just get the milled plate for the head? these headers are awesome but im just the build it myself kindof guy i love enjoying the fruits of my labor and not of money

camoit
11-14-2013, 05:37 PM
is it possible to just get the milled plate for the head? these headers are awesome but im just the build it myself kindof guy i love enjoying the fruits of my labor and not of money

I will find out. I know it wasn't cheep to get them made.
Do you need paired port or spread port?

Redneckmoparman
11-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I think mine is paired its a 1990 4g64 bone stock with a nasty exhaust leak

JohnnyC5
11-14-2013, 08:54 PM
So after being told to drop my truck off up at DGheaders by camoit turns out it was the wrong truck. 2 round trips 280 miles and 4 hrs in the car and losing my daily driver for a week, I got the standard offer from the guys. Stage 1: Mild steel with formed collectors for $500.00, plus s&h (installed with a pipe to take out my cat). Sorry guys ill be sticking with my stock exhaust.

camoit
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought you had a paired port. Ikeepitclean has the same year 88 with a carb, O2 sensor and it's paired port. But he should have fixed the broken stud you had so that should fix that leek. All I can do is apologize to you. I was under the impression you had a paired port. So I need to get a trailer and grab Ikeepitclean's truck and send it up there. I'll make it up to you. Stop by on the way back from Reno and I'll give you $80.00 for gas. Is that OK with you? I feel bad. I thought you had the paired port. At least now if you ever take apart the exhaust it will be easy since it was removed. The big thing is you steeped up to the plate to help out everyone in getting these things back into production. The down side was it was the wrong engine. But on the up side it's bigger then you thought you had. IDK if using 2.0 parts on the 2.6 is a problem or not. I don't think there is any difference in the O2 sensor voltage but IDK for sure.

thillskier
11-26-2013, 08:29 AM
So, NOW what? I still might possibly be willing to tweak the std ones to let Dom know what to do to be able to make em fit, tho not the best way, I agree.... Damn thought this was FINALLY a "done deal"...Too bad someone didn't verify things with a emailed photo...next time? I was gonna do that after I got them installed (and bent into place:)...

camoit
11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
All I need is a stock header, but a truck would be better. I'll go over and take the green monster form the guy up the street from me. I'll stop by his place tomorrow.

noahwins
11-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Sort of OT but could you guys fabricate an independent throttle body or sidedraft intake for paired ports?

Sscorpion
12-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I am interested in a set of stage #1 headers for my 1989 dodge ram 50 2wd 5 speed 2.6l engine, what is your currect price? have they come down in price from $500. I have $300 to spend on headers? just a question please let me know? thanks

camoit
12-02-2013, 09:18 PM
The price is still the same. The only way to bring down the price is to build 5 at a time. The board just does not have the money in the bank to do that. It takes about a day and a half to have one built. But he decided that custom built merge is better so they all come with that for the same price. Just the header plate alone is $125 from the machine shop.

Sscorpion
12-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Ok I really do like the header that is avalible but just not enough funds at the moment. currently i have a pacesetter on order waiting for the armor coating to be done but they just back dated the ship date to 12-30-13 when it was suppose to ship next week. I am wary about the pacesetter from some of the reviews on here but then some of them say they were fine and had no issues. I need to put my motor back in my truck but don't know if i want to wait on the header and order yours in a month or two or just put the pacesetter on and be done with it.

Also if i do decide to buy your custom one do you have someone in your area that can hot jet coat the header, if so how much? In montana there is nobody to do stuff like that here. Just trying to kill two birds with one stone and save on shipping.

camoit
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Ok I really do like the header that is avalible but just not enough funds at the moment. currently i have a pacesetter on order waiting for the armor coating to be done but they just back dated the ship date to 12-30-13 when it was suppose to ship next week. I am wary about the pacesetter from some of the reviews on here but then some of them say they were fine and had no issues. I need to put my motor back in my truck but don't know if i want to wait on the header and order yours in a month or two or just put the pacesetter on and be done with it.

Also if i do decide to buy your custom one do you have someone in your area that can hot jet coat the header, if so how much? In montana there is nobody to do stuff like that here. Just trying to kill two birds with one stone and save on shipping.

Yes I have a guy here. He did my hole pipe system. It comes in like several colors. I would set you up with him and you would deal direct. No middle man.

Sscorpion
12-05-2013, 08:43 PM
ok cool that works! Well i will be in touch

Redneckmoparman
01-20-2014, 03:12 AM
Too bad i couldnt take my truck down there if you need a paired port test subject the drive to cali is not feasable as my tow rig gets 12mpg

Finnie3d
02-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Ok. I definitely have a paired port header. I live in Vegas so it's only about a 8.5-9 hr drive one way to M&M Muffler. I'm willing to make the drive and surrender my truck for science, subject to my work schedule of course - but even that is a bit flexible. Are you still in need of a paired-port model? What's the latest on the header effort?

PowerRam348
02-27-2014, 08:13 PM
not sure if i had put this up hear or not but here is the link to see the boards header on my truck and how it sounds.

http://youtu.be/Lc0Ugwk61Y0

camoit
03-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Ok. I definitely have a paired port header. I live in Vegas so it's only about a 8.5-9 hr drive one way to M&M Muffler. I'm willing to make the drive and surrender my truck for science, subject to my work schedule of course - but even that is a bit flexible. Are you still in need of a paired-port model? What's the latest on the header effort?

We still need to get it done. I need to grab Izekeepitclean's truck and get it up there. The other truck I had near me got sold. It was that green air bagged thing. I have just been real slammed. The wife has me changing counter tops and sinks in my spar time.

thillskier
04-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Spare time? WHAT is that? How much does it COST?!! :)!!

thillskier
04-10-2014, 02:27 PM
IDEA!!
I am installing a new head onto my 95 paired port 2.4 L engine. Can U use he head to make the headers? Or need it installed on a drivable truck?

camoit
10-10-2015, 02:17 PM
We need a hole paired port truck to fit around the motor mount and firewall. We have the flanges made just need a truck.

camoit
11-27-2015, 01:59 PM
OK so we knock off another year and had many people say they were going to help and some that tried but things were not correct.
But it seems we might have the person for the truck now. It's a 90s something and 2.0 but best off all he lives in Auburn and is a long time customer of M&M Muffler. AKA DG Headers. The member has been on the board for several years just Jurking around. So he decided to take the step and start posting. Well guess what. It looks like this guy is going to do everyone the big favor of letting his truck be used as a model. So a HUGE thanks to Claych for stepping up and getting this project going again. But of course we live in Cali SMOG world so there is no real use for a header out here. So getting a volunteer is hard, because there is ZERO in it for that person.

geezer101
11-28-2015, 01:36 AM
:clap: to Claych. It would be good to pull some numbers off his truck before having the headers fitted and after to gauge the improvement in torque and HP. And I wouldn't say there's 'nothing' in it for the guinea pig trying them out as they will end up with some nice pipes. I would put $600-$1k into the right exhaust system (sounds pricey but when you spend the extra coin the right way you definitely get your moneys worth)

BradMph
11-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Dyno time real data would be beneficial and probably the best selling point of an aftermarket device like a header, especially on a 4 cylinder motor that deserves more horsepower. If done correctly, it could also help the manufacturer of the header, tune and tweak the header perfectly. Torque, horsepower, rpm, gas mileage, etc, increasing for the best available price can not go wrong.
There is also sensor fittings and gas recirculation fittings to be concerned about for the smog minded buyer. On my restoration T-Bird headers, I installed a special Bosch wideband sensor kit with the an AEM gauge which will determine fuel mixtures precisely for adjustment.

People in the forum need to really get together on something like this and make a purchase as an organized group. Remember that the larger the order, the lower the price can be. Shipping cost would depend on your location. Start saving your money!

I am sure that when the header is close to producing, a thread, will or should be made just for forming a group buy effort.

One last thing I thought of is coatings. I don't know what or if the designer will be offering coatings for the header, for example; Ceramic, Chrome, Plain, but if so...what additional cost might be.

Thanks Claych for the usage of the vehicle, which the forum I'm sure will be grateful to whom purchases one of these headers. By the way, since your loaning your truck for the creation, can I borrow your truck for a while after the header is in place also? lol JK!

Here are a couple examples of Tri-Header designs for those wondering what a Tri-Y header might look like.

camoit
11-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Out here in Cali you can't use after market parts without a CARB number. To get one would cost around $500,000 so that's not going to happen. I can't afford that.
This thing is based off the Doug Throughley header. It's a direct copy.
As for coating you can take it to your favorite place and have it done however you like.
We are lucky just to get a place to make them for us.

claych
11-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Just My way of sayin THX !!!.

camoit
11-30-2015, 11:31 AM
I just got off the phone with Dom and he is going to look into a stock replacement try Y. He is going to try an keep the cost around $300. This should make a good header for everyone that is not wanting to dump a bunch of cash into there truck but still want to get a boost in performance.

maxdsm
11-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I would be in for the 300 .00 $ header for the g63b.I also have a head I could donate ?.but it looks like he has the construction down since he's made them before. Also what is the size of the down pipe ??? 2.25in???

sub'd.

pennyman1
11-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Noahwins has the pacesetter header I traded him for the 2.0 paired port that replaces the stock exhaust manifold - don't know if he installed it yet

BradMph
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM
I wonder if any EVO G63b guys are going to come running for a turbo header when news gets around, among others using engines that will fit into the headers.
If things go good, this builder should be very busy. I like the $300 price and would probably replace my present header for a better one. $$$ already on standby. :)

camoit
12-01-2015, 01:37 AM
There is going to be 2 versions. The high performance high torque long header pipe version. that will be a direct copy of the Thorley header and a stock replacement unit. It will be an improvement on what you have but not the full blown race header. You should get a mild increase in performance with out busting your budget. And you won't need to mod the thing when you get it, like the one that comes from Australia. You can read the problems on here. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/2333-Headers-found-on-eBay-for-our-Trucks
Now IDK where the second gen has the CAT. First Gens it was part of the manifold so it was removed when a header was put in. Someone post up a pict of the stock header please.

DroppedMitsu
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM
stock 2nd gen has cat under the cab like a normal vehicle

camoit
12-02-2015, 08:57 PM
It is under way. Should be another week or two and he will send me some finished pictures. Not sure how much it will cost me to have them built. But thats OK the board can pay me back over time. This is why we have Donators. With the combined force of many we can get things done. Perhaps the board should try and Ebay them. I'll post cost and start a thread in the donator section when we get closer.

Look at that nice header plate. We had then built two years ago. I rented a used head and had them built just for the board. There nice and thick. water jetted so there is no distortion. Then after there welded he will hit them with the surface plainer.

BradMph
12-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Its been a long time since I had cats on my California 1st gen truck, but didn't they have a recall which added a 2nd cat down stream from exhaust manifold cat? or was the recall to remove the pipe cat and install the exhaust manifold cat? Gawd, that was 28 years ago my truck recall was done...no wonder I can't remember sh*t, lol.

geezer101
12-03-2015, 12:09 AM
If the mounting flanges are any indication of the overall build quality these headers are gonna be sweeeeet. :rockon:

camoit
12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
It's looking good so far. What you think?

ragragtimetime
12-08-2015, 05:57 PM
great work!:thumbup:http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9098&d=1397180142 (http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=303&attachmentid=9093)

camoit
12-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Here is the one of them. Now let's get some orders going. This is the $300 version. He is ready for your orders. You can contact Dom directly at 530-823-2633 Credit cards accepted.

camoit
12-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Off the truck.

BradMph
12-10-2015, 12:59 AM
are the pipes equal length, I hoped for something prettier I guess, but they look workable. :thumbup:

Wondering about pulse collisions with unequal lengths/

maxdsm
12-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Ragragtime that looks amazing:shock: .... I will be ordering one of these soon for the g63b.

geezer101
12-10-2015, 01:20 PM
RRTT's headers are old school. They are some beautifully made and finished headers but I doubt you'll be finding a set of those gems in a hurry...I share Brads observations on the new design headers. I would think having #1 exhaust runner being that much longer will force the engine to pull more torque from that cylinder (might make it sound like a WRX - could be a good or bad thing depending on your allegiances :P)

claych
12-10-2015, 02:46 PM
wow, just wow,

looks to me like the chrome purdy header does not have equal length
tubes either (look close now) :thumbdown: but hey its chrome !!!... & long tube v/s short tube--- apples and oranges ---.

camoit
12-10-2015, 03:44 PM
This is not for our trucks but it sure looks the same. This is a brand new DT shorty.

ragragtimetime
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
RRTT's headers are old school. They are some beautifully made and finished headers but I doubt you'll be finding a set of those gems in a hurry...I share Brads observations on the new design headers. I would think having #1 exhaust runner being that much longer will force the engine to pull more torque from that cylinder (might make it sound like a WRX - could be a good or bad thing depending on your allegiances :P)

good eye geezer101....its a Doug Thorley TRI-Y HEADER

claych
12-10-2015, 06:02 PM
??? are these EQUAL TUBES ???
OH the humanity--- what???

camoit
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
are the pipes equal length, I hoped for something prettier I guess, but they look workable. :thumbup:

Wondering about pulse collisions with unequal lengths/

Well since 98% of the stock manifolds out there are cracked and have the same length pipes. I really don't think you need to worry about pulse collisions unless you are pushing 8000 RPM and the direction of flow is all one way. Also thats more important on the intake side because the fuel can fall out of suspension with a carb.

claych
12-11-2015, 11:22 PM
^^ yep

thillskier
05-10-2016, 02:06 AM
I Want one:)!
So did these get built and are available this time?
Thanks for following through guys, its been a looong process for sure:)!

claych
05-10-2016, 11:13 AM
^^^ :):)
Ck HERE
(http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/5168-Paired-port-shorty-header)

camoit
05-23-2016, 09:07 PM
I Want one:)!
So did these get built and are available this time?
Thanks for following through guys, its been a looong process for sure:)!

I I think it has taken about 5 years to get them up and going. The paired port ones have had a totally new redesign now. So there much better fitting and looking.

Dcollins311
03-20-2019, 07:22 PM
I know this is a little old. But do you make turbo header for the 2.4 4g64 SOHC engine. Mighty max head.

SamuelRock
10-22-2019, 01:19 PM
I know this is a little old. But do you make turbo header for the 2.4 4g64 SOHC engine. Mighty max head.

I second this.. I would buy two if you made them..

I am looking for a stock one from down under right now.. Here is a photo of one I found on the board..

geezer101
10-22-2019, 06:20 PM
The 2.0 SOHC G63B Starion manifolds aren't the only option but the alternatives aren't much better. Single cam Cordia turbo will work (notorious for cracking due to lean factory tune) or the manifold off a 2.0 DASH 12v turbo engine (better design manifold - split pulse) The whole engine is a near no brain swap - if you can find one. Much easier than a 4G63 twin cam (PLEASE DO NOT START THE "don't waste your time on a SOHC, blah, blah, etc..." TIRADE - this is minimal mod to retrofit alternative...) 83-87 Galant Cyclone turbo)

SamuelRock
10-22-2019, 07:07 PM
The 2.0 SOHC G63B Starion manifolds aren't the only option but the alternatives aren't much better. Single cam Cordia turbo will work (notorious for cracking due to lean factory tune) or the manifold off a 2.0 DASH 12v turbo engine (better design manifold - split pulse) The whole engine is a near no brain swap - if you can find one. Much easier than a 4G63 twin cam (PLEASE DO NOT START THE "don't waste your time on a SOHC, blah, blah, etc..." TIRADE - this is minimal mod to retrofit alternative...) 83-87 Galant Cyclone turbo)

I have access to both a dash engine right now and a cordia engine.. As both of those are hard to find I would still buy two manifolds if they would make them, One for my truck and one for the wife's truck.. If something happens later on I don't want to be looking for another unicorn! They have the plates and the tools they are almost there just some elbow grease needed to have a end product..

I am not looking to make a 10 second truck I want to put taller gears in the rear end and have the power to not make it feel like a dog on the low end. Plus if I stick with the 8 valve head I have a non interference engine I don't have to worry about wrecking my investment with a timing misshap or broken belt. No reason why a 4g64 SOHC 8v should not be able to push 250 to 300 hp.

claych
10-24-2019, 01:35 PM
^^
Great post SamuelRock !!!
Correct Me if My readings are in error -2'nd Gen sohc 4g64 s.e.f.i. mighty max-,
Comp ratio 8:5-1
Throttle Body 2 1/8 " (54 mm )
Exhaust 1 7/8 " (48 mm)
106 bhp (98 to the wheels)???

Hypothetically,
CR up by 1 point,
TB id increase to 2 7/8 "
Exhaust(cat back) 2 3/4 "
= 131bhp, 119 to the wheels
Net gain 20% over stock for the same undersquare design ?

SamuelRock
10-24-2019, 02:38 PM
^^
Great post SamuelRock !!!
Correct Me if My readings are in error -2'nd Gen sohc 4g64 s.e.f.i. mighty max-,
Comp ratio 8:5-1
Throttle Body 2 1/8 " (54 mm )
Exhaust 1 7/8 " (48 mm)
106 bhp (98 to the wheels)???

Hypothetically,
CR up by 1 point,
TB id increase to 2 7/8 "
Exhaust(cat back) 2 3/4 "
= 131bhp, 119 to the wheels
Net gain 20% over stock for the same undersquare design ?

I think our truck HP is 116 out the box..

I am thinking forged pistons and rods and 18# of boost from a 14B = 250 hp

Do a Dana 44 swap on the rear end with 2.72 gears and kick back on the highway near 30mpg!

D100dave
04-21-2022, 07:24 PM
I am in the process of getting my engine 2.6 G54B rebuilt in my 87 D50 Ram pickup. I purchased the Weber carb today with the fuel pump and regulator from carbs unlimited. Also new distributor plugs hoses and some other stuff from Rockauto. I would be interested in the $500 header when I get the engine back.

geezer101
04-22-2022, 02:06 AM
Not sure if he's still making them...

D100dave
04-22-2022, 04:13 AM
I will give him a call today to see if he is...