PDA

View Full Version : Weber OH & parts

Rambini50Ra
01-10-2014, 10:55 AM
I have a 1989 D-50 with a 4 to 5 yr. old 34DGEC carb. It has always had warm start/ flooding issues. I have a regulator set at 2.5 psi fuel supply pressure. Where can I find repair parts or rebuild kits? I have searched the various weber sites and this model of carb seems to be extinct. Help me if you can.

pennyman1
01-10-2014, 06:30 PM
that was an Emissions carb that they sold for places that needed to be emissions compliant - they never worked right and they then quit making them when they closed down the italian Weber factory. Try ebay - there are a couple of sellers on there that specialize in extinct weber models. You would be better off just changing out the 34 for the 32/36 dgev Weber - all the mounts, fuel lines, and cable hookups are the same - just one vacuum line for vacuum advance.

originalowner
01-17-2014, 11:20 AM
I have a 1989 D-50 with a 4 to 5 yr. old 34DGEC carb. It has always had warm start/ flooding issues. I have a regulator set at 2.5 psi fuel supply pressure. Where can I find repair parts or rebuild kits? I have searched the various weber sites and this model of carb seems to be extinct. Help me if you can.

You have the same junk DGEC carb I had before I learned it was not a "real Weber". Your half done with the install of a DGEV. Yeah they'll run with the DGEC but not very well. Non-tunable, a pitiful 300CFM...it's junk. I just didn't know that at the time I bought it. I'll bet a dollar you got it from WeberDirect.

Junk it, go to the 2nd Gen fuel pump thread, and follow those instructions on how to do it right. You're halfway there already.

originalowner
01-17-2014, 11:44 AM
More-

Since you are on the West coast- contact Pierce manifolds in Cali. The DGEV I bought last July from them was 219.00- That was just for the carb- NO INSTALLATION KIT- YOU DON"T NEED another installation kit with the adapters and that stuff. Just get the carb from them and stay away from WeberDirect. I learned all of this the hard way.

http://http://www.piercemanifolds.com/default.asp