PDA

View Full Version : Window scrapers

Uneek98
10-06-2013, 05:47 PM
So when you modify your stock door panels and cut off the excess material that goes up to the window with the window scraper. What are people using to replace the stock window scraper? Is there another truck we can get this from? I noticed in Ernie Macias truck he got rid of the stock door panels, but cant see what he used.

pennyman1
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
contact him and ask - he will tell you what he used. He's a stand up guy and loves his mitsu trucks.

Uneek98
10-09-2013, 06:18 AM
contact him and ask - he will tell you what he used. He's a stand up guy and loves his mitsu trucks.

He is on here? I did not know that. Lol.

Uneek98
10-09-2013, 06:25 AM
How do I get ahold of him?

pennyman1
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
He used to be an editor at MiniTruckin, and he has checked in here a couple of times. Try going to minitruckinweb.com and see if he is listed on there still. I do remember that he is also a real estate agent in Cali.

BradMph
10-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Hold on, The Mazda trucks are a perfect match for our window scrapers and the extra good thing is that they are also a tiny bit bigger and can be cut down to fit snug to keep that water out. I used the scrapers from the B2600, but the B2000 work also. Walking through a wrecking yard can resource window scrapers for practically nothing. Or you can pay $60+ for new ones. If you find a pair in wrecking yard and they are a little stiff from age, just hit them with silicone spray or WD40 and they will soften. The silicone would work best and there is a thread here about that.

I hear the Isuzu Pup is a perfect match for our 1st gens also

Uneek98
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Hold on, The Mazda trucks are a perfect match for our window scrapers and the extra good thing is that they are also a tiny bit bigger and can be cut down to fit snug to keep that water out. I used the scrapers from the B2600, but the B2000 work also. Walking through a wrecking yard can resource window scrapers for practically nothing. Or you can pay $60+ for new ones. If you find a pair in wrecking yard and they are a little stiff from age, just hit them with silicone spray or WD40 and they will soften. The silicone would work best and there is a thread here about that.

I hear the Isuzu Pup is a perfect match for our 1st gens also

You are speaking of the interior scrapers correct?

BradMph
10-11-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm talking about inner and the outer.
In fact I just picked up another entire set of window scrapers off of a B2200 Mazda truck at the wrecking yard yesterday and they are perfectly identical in every way to our 1st gen truck scrapers. Fordubishi was the first one to bring it to my attention when he replaced his 1st gen scrapers. I took right down to the wrecking yard and grabbed a pair off a 2600 Mazda truck. Worked perfect right down to the clips on them. These ones I picked up yesterday even had the thin chrome beauty strip on the inner side scraper like my originals. The outer strip was a little stiff from age, but not all curled or "S" shaped from the sun and the felt was perfect, unlike what mine were at the time. I put some silicone on them and they softened up rather nice for the purpose and sealed the inner door from the weather very nicely.

Uneek98
10-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm talking about inner and the outer.
In fact I just picked up another entire set of window scrapers off of a B2200 Mazda truck at the wrecking yard yesterday and they are perfectly identical in every way to our 1st gen truck scrapers. Fordubishi was the first one to bring it to my attention when he replaced his 1st gen scrapers. I took right down to the wrecking yard and grabbed a pair off a 2600 Mazda truck. Worked perfect right down to the clips on them. These ones I picked up yesterday even had the thin chrome beauty strip on the inner side scraper like my originals. The outer strip was a little stiff from age, but not all curled or "S" shaped from the sun and the felt was perfect, unlike what mine were at the time. I put some silicone on them and they softened up rather nice for the purpose and sealed the inner door from the weather very nicely.

Awesome. Thanks man. I have 2nd gen so ill go looking for a late 80s Mazda.