PDA

View Full Version : factory cruise control problem...

mighty spx
09-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I have a 1988 mighty max spx that has a weber carb on it, its got factory cruise control that does not work.... my question it what runs this? a module? i have power to it from the switch, and the unit has power but will not work. it has vacume running to it. what am i missing?

BradMph
09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Have you checked our manual section. You can download an entire manual for your vehicle while someone gets back to you. Someone should chime in that knows about your issue and help you out.

This Shows the cruise control unit and relay, etc.
Click image to increase size.

mighty spx
09-15-2013, 08:10 AM
its weird because we use snap-on shop key at work, and there is nothing on cruise control on there... so i put the truck on the lift got it to 40 mph and try to set it, nothing... its hard to test without some one in the truck keeping it at a speed to set it.... makes me wonder if something on the original carb wiring did something with cruise control...

300d50
09-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Check the connection to the speedometer pulse generator, if it fell off the module will not function.

mighty spx
10-13-2013, 09:22 AM
The haynes manual for this truck goes into no details or wiring diagrams, anybody here have a factory/dealer repair manual with more details? thanks