PDA

View Full Version : larger side mirrors for 86 sport ram 50

partybeans
09-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Hello,

I finally found a camper shell and the small mirrors on my sport ram just aren't going to work well for visibility anymore. can anyone recommend a car with mirrors that attach the same way (but larger) that I could check at a pick n pull? Just looking for different options. Thanks..

BradMph
09-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Your probably going to have to install mirrors that drill holes into the door. Most of the problem your having is that the mirrors are not out far enough to see around the sides of the shell. Your not going to find much that fit the stock holes exactly and sit out far enough to view down the sides of a shell.

Also pick up a WINK mirror for inside the truck to cover blind spots and this may help with the undersized outer mirrors.

partybeans
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Fair enough. Do you have a recommendation for similar aesthetic mirrors to look for that'd work for drilling?

partybeans
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Found the original ram 50 mirrors (for not sport models) and am planning on drilling this weekend. I don't have hardware though. Self tapping screws, gasket maker and anchors should work? Is there anything I need to be careful of when drilling the door?

BradMph
10-03-2013, 08:37 PM
WOw, I found a pair also today. Heavy duty stock mirrors. I'll try to post an image of the mirrors and if I install them tomorrow. The ones I found came with rubber gaskets and factory screws. Though I think I will need to put washers inside the doors to keep them tight and not ruin the door from them rattling.
Only thing to be careful of is if the window is rolled down during the drilling. :lmao:

pennyman1
10-05-2013, 06:33 PM
The 80 parts truck I just scrapped had a perfect set of those factory low mount truck mirrors - I left them go because nobody usually wants them. I think I have a new set of new low mount mirrors I have never used if anybody else is looking for them