PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Manual Locking Hubs On MM??????

NueDemShlak
08-30-2013, 06:50 PM
So I was reading the comments on a Youtube vid of a Mighty Max and one guy posted that he used the locking hubs off a 90 toyota along with the bearings, and seals, then used the Mighty Max nut/washer and kept the calipers, but used Tacoma calipers... Can anyone confirm this?? Is there any other options that would work to replace the auto hubs? I know someone makes hubs for these trucks, but I'd rather spend time in a junkyard rather then a lot of money. Any input would be appreciated :)

mikaleda
08-30-2013, 07:03 PM
i was just thinking about this, im not to trilled with my auto hubs and thought that they looked alot like the toyota hubs. i cant say for sure if it would work, but im sorly tempted to try

NueDemShlak
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Mine are starting to "slip", it's more like a snapping sound, so they probably need rebuilt and I'd rather go manual. If I had a Toyota laying around, I'd be more than happy to see if it would work. There are a few junkyards around my, but Toyota stuff never seems shows up, plus I don't go out much anyways to go looking for them... If you do try it, let me know, I'm sure others would do the same swap if they to knew it worked. And I make a mistake in my post, he kept the mm calipers but used the rotors off a Tacoma, but that's not relevant to hubs...