PDA

View Full Version : Ram50 Build

Bodacious
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello all. I tried posting this under the diesel section, but, I either hit the wrong button or something else happened. Please take a moment to check out my Ram 50 build thread. It is posted over on Competition diesel.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156450

You'll have to copy and paste to get over there.

MaxinOut
07-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Could I please make sweet sweet love to your truck sir :lmao: Granted I am going for a drift truck once I start to get some fundage for my build but HOT DAMN :shock:

BradMph
07-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the Forum, ("pouring cold water on MaxinOut"):lmao:

Bodacious
07-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey fellas, thanks for the comments. Keep check'n in as we are making progress every evening.

recian
07-29-2013, 04:14 AM
That is amazing. I always wondered what was involved to make a cummins fit. Can't wait to see what all has to be cut to make the tranny fit. It seems like it would fit better with the engine forward more but with the mounts + steering rack it wouldn't fit quite right plus further back is better for weight distribution when you're putting something that heavy in a truck so light it makes a big difference. Good thing it's going 1/8 mile at a time, I bet those solid mounts with that cummins in our trucks frame will rattle the truck to death.

Bodacious
08-04-2013, 06:35 AM
I actually intend on driving the thing to the ice cream shop from time to time. The shaking and rattling should give a nice message within the 10 to 15 mile trip. lol. A 4bt would be a much better fit and could be installed without any firewall hacking. Howeve, with the limited trans tunnel spacing, the floor would still have to be hacked. Talk about rattling, we ran a 4bt in a '92 1/2ton for about 4 years. Once a month, so we discovered, it was a good practice to grab some wrenches and check any and all bolts for tightness. Even with the factory engine mounts, this thing would rattle your teeth.

pennyman1
08-05-2013, 06:22 PM
1st gen dodge full size trucks with the cummins were the same way - tighten it or shake it off - the dodge truck build quality was so bad in the 80s (and still is) that it would fall apart otherwise.

Bodacious
02-27-2017, 03:21 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for keeping the thread open this long. I wanted to stop in and give an update.

We are building a 6.7l cummins sleeved down to a 5.9. The end result is a 6.4l cummins that you can still drive on the street and not split the cylinder walls at 2000HP. Lol

Yea, we are going to step it up a bit. Hey, you only live once, right??

Plans are to straighten it back up, get it back street legal, and continue to have a blast.

We are in the hunt for an extended cab Ram50. Would anyone have one with a decent body and frame but junk everything else?

As always, the build will be documented here: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156450&page=43

Thanks,

Arch
Stalnaker Racing Stables

BradMph
02-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Sounds more like a rocket ship, lol. Keep us posted!!!