PDA

View Full Version : after market steering wheels hubs

Lon Moer
06-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a Grant wheel/hub set up on my old '90MM that I'm planning and transfering to my '93 this weekend, but I also have several other steering wheels available to use.
The Grant uses a 5 screw pattern and all the others use a 6 screw 'Momo' pattern. I haven't found a 6 screw pattern hub for our trucks, but there are a couple different ones for other Mitsubishi's like the Eclipse, ect.
Would one of the other Mitsu' hubs work on our trucks? Has anybody tried this?
:)

DroppedMitsu
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm guessing 90-94(+?) Eclipse/talon/laser adapter would work since I and a few other people are running those steering wheels on our trucks. There is one made by someone for our trucks, do a search it was posted and Asked about very recently.

Lon Moer
06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm guessing 90-94(+?) Eclipse/talon/laser adapter would work since I and a few other people are running those steering wheels on our trucks. There is one made by someone for our trucks, do a search it was posted and Asked about very recently.

Thanks. :)
I hadn't even thought about using the actual wheel from an Eclipse, but I saw it in your build thread.

Lon Moer
06-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Just a FYI, I bought this one off ebay that says it fits Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant, ect including "All year Mitsubishi Pickup".
Less than $15/shipped :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170759507274

bobsnewdirection
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
What size is our stock steering wheel? I have a grant wheel adaptor but I don't know what size to order. I don't have power steering so I'm not getting a tiny wheel. Need near stock or I'll never parallel park again

BradMph
06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Just a FYI, I bought this one off ebay that says it fits Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant, ect including "All year Mitsubishi Pickup".
Less than $15/shipped :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170759507274

That one you got off ebay LON MOER is exactly like mine on my MR2. I had a little problem with having a wheel on mine with that adapter. The horn button would get kind of crooked after honking it. Kinda of like it got pushed too hard on one side and went past it's mounting spot a little. I would have to tap the other side of the button and sometimes it would pop back up. Still worked, when the ground wire stayed grounded.
I paid 45.00 for adapter and a wheel. Been a couple years and wheel is still great shape.

Lon Moer
06-28-2013, 07:51 PM
What size is our stock steering wheel? I have a grant wheel adaptor but I don't know what size to order. I don't have power steering so I'm not getting a tiny wheel. Need near stock or I'll never parallel park again

Stock truck wheel is 15 1/2 inches
My old Grant wheel is 14 inches
The sport wheel I'm going to use this time is 13 inches
:)

bobsnewdirection
06-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Is your truck power steering? I'm trying to find out where my limit for steering wheel size should be. Thanks for putting up the size, I didn't know how they were measured

Fordubishi
06-30-2013, 10:17 AM
I have run a grant 13" on both power and none power. Originally the D50 was none power and the only time it was hard to turn was when I was under 5mph, after that it was fine. Switched to the PS system when I rebuilt the truck and works great on in and doesn't hit my fat belly :P

4doorciv
06-30-2013, 02:50 PM
I thought this was discussed before. Nrg sells hubs and quick release systems. Tell them it's for an eclipse. If it wasn't for the white leather on my veilside wheel, that would be on the truck already.

pennyman1
07-04-2013, 07:20 PM
anyhub for a mitsu will work on our trucks - its one of the few universal parts on this truck

Lon Moer
07-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Still testing this out. The Hub basically works, but I'm trying to make it interface with the turn signal canceling .:shrug:

And the 13" wheel is too too small, its smaller than the light/wiper column switches and they interfere with turning the wheel.
I have an extra grey Momo 14" wheel on the wall in my office room I'm going to try tomorrow. :)

pennyman1
07-07-2013, 09:49 AM
on the grant adaptor, there are 2 roll pins that work as the canceling pins of the stock wheel. they should be on any wheel adaptor.

meandmit
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
on the grant adaptor, there are 2 roll pins that work as the canceling pins of the stock wheel. they should be on any wheel adaptor.

not the 3390 hub adapter. On the 95 Mit the cancel ring is part of the stock wheel. I'm finding this out, I have an older Lecarra/Moto Lita hub adapter for 90's Colt but doesn't fit, it bottoms out on the plastic cover for column before seating splines. Grant looks to fit but no provision for roll pins unless you drill the hub out??? Momo lists a kit #6104, also says 1990 up truck s are different than the earlier models

4doorciv
03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/4doorciv/Mobile%20Uploads/BDF49429-5A19-4415-AF4D-6B294C56D01C.jpg

don't have too much issues with turn signal/wiper switch clearance. Nrg short hub with standard quick release.