PDA

View Full Version : Keys? What does your key look like?

amcervantes
05-29-2013, 10:11 PM
I was wondering what the original key looks like since all I have are copies. Assuming it is not just a piece of metal that you can get at any lock smith shop or home depot.

camoit
05-30-2013, 08:56 AM
mine has the Chrysler symbol on it. Some had the word Mitsubishi on them.

amcervantes
05-30-2013, 09:18 PM
was wondering because mine bugs the hell out of me. probably going to get something custom made to show that I own a classic almost vintage truck

BradMph
05-30-2013, 11:46 PM
It's just a Mitsubishi, want something to show classic? get classic plates. Insurance exempt, well at least in Washington state it is.

Might find key blanks on eBay too. My keys can be taken out of ignition when trucks still running, need to fix that someday, lol

pennyman1
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Atomboys on ebay have all the different blanks for our trucks, or at least the last time I looked.

bobsnewdirection
05-31-2013, 02:48 PM
I have one orig, just stamped mitsubishi. Tryed getting a spare and nobody had blanks around me. Ended up giving my key to a locksmith and he used a dodge colt key. Took a while but it works

Acuta73
05-31-2013, 03:46 PM
I have one orig, just stamped mitsubishi. Tryed getting a spare and nobody had blanks around me. Ended up giving my key to a locksmith and he used a dodge colt key. Took a while but it works

LOL, had to do exactly the same thing. Sat at the grinding wheel a while before he cut the key.

pennyman1
06-01-2013, 05:46 AM
For some of the key blanks, they are the same as the mitsu Fuso trucks - you could try them for the blanks.