PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a tranny

mightmaxsp83
04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I am working on a 83 mm TD 5spd tranny. I would like to know what the trick is to getting the counter gear and mainshaft out. I have the tail section off and have all obvious retainer off. but it just wont come apart. what simple thing am i missing? is there a thread somewhere for this? i am new to this site any help would be great thanks. Also i am sell my extra parts to fund another project i have basically a whole 83 mmsp TD i am parting out.

camoit
04-30-2013, 06:53 PM
There are cir clips between the gears. But the counter shaft bearings must come out first so it can get out of the way of the main shaft. But don't quote me on this trany, I haven't taken one of the diesel ones apart.

Try looking in the manual section > manual in the over 216 manual thread. We might have a manual in there.

mightmaxsp83
05-01-2013, 05:51 AM
ok thanks, do you know which gear have circlips?

mightmaxsp83
05-01-2013, 06:26 AM
no tranny manual there for it. from what i seen.

camoit
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Once you drop the counter shaft. the main shaft will come out the rear. Then the clips are easy to see. Look in the first gen factory manual. It should cover your trany or be real close to it. I was thinking you had a 2nd gen. My bad.