PDA

View Full Version : Carburator Question PLZ HELP!!!!

WABBIT
02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I had a buddy of mine replace the motor. We are having issues in getting it to idle smooth. Is there anyone who has a STOCK 2.0 carburated? If so can someone please post pics of the Driver inside fender and Carb? I have 2 extra vacuum lines I can't find where they plug up to on carb. Also whats the best way to get the Idle right?

camoit
02-10-2013, 07:49 PM
You have the feed back carb, correct? If you look in the manual section> over 216 manuals> then find the Montero and it covers the mighty Max truck. That one has a couple of vac diagrams in there. Sorry but I'm first gen. OH there is also a post in the tuning section. I think one of these might have just what you are looking for.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/1697-Vacuum-Diagram?highlight=vacuum

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/879-Vacuum-port-identifier?highlight=vacuum

WABBIT
02-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the information. But my problem is most of my vacuum lines are not color coded. I am needing help to find out where 2 vacuum lines that are behind the silver ECU box ( some kind of purge valve) Its attached on the fender. I also currently have 4 vacuum lines plugged on my truck. I know 2 of them are supposed to be plugged. Would the EGR valve cause my truck to kind of hit a high Idle when I'm sitting @ a stop light? I know my Carb is way out of adjustment. But its runs not too bad . I replaced the motor with one that was rebuilt. Yep all stock. So I'm just trying to get it running like new again lol.

camoit
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
That sounds like the AC control valve. The EGR would cause a rough idle. Ya there is no color chart. might be something on your hood. Unless its been crashed and replaced.

WABBIT
02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Gotcha. If thats the case then I know where one of the lines go. Now as far as doing adjustments on the factory carb.... I know its a pain to get it right but any suggestions on how to fine tune it?