PDA

View Full Version : i was gone but not dead

joey_crandall
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
so i took a break form cars and just work ate and slept for the past year. and left my truck sitting with what i thought to be a blown head gasket it would suck the water down and leave the oil real milky, but today i had someone come pick it up to fix it for me and i just got a call with the compression numbers 4 cylinders had 170 psi one a had a 180 and one had a 150, d these numbers seem ok, and if so where could water be leaking into the oil

pennyman1
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
You could have a bad intake gasket dumping water into the galley under it. Doubtful that the block or heads cracked with readings that high.

joey_crandall
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok those were the two things I was thinking, ill have home change the oil and let it warm up though and see if any of the numbers drop. If not I should have him check the intake manifold gaskets? And could a water pump gasket cause these problems on a v6

Acuta73
02-07-2013, 07:29 AM
On the 2.6 the timing cover acts as a pass-through for the water pump, if the V6 does the same, maybe the timing cover gasket? I really don't know that engine, but I buggered up the gasket on my timing cover a while back and it leaked water into the pan (gasket material between the block face and timing cover at the water jacket pass-through).

If your engine fits the criteria, may be worth a look?

pennyman1
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Never gave the water pump a thought, could be another place to check.

joey_crandall
02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
It did have blown head gaskets so when I get paid on Friday I'm gonna pay for the parts and should have my truck back soon

joey_crandall
03-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Should have it back at the end of the week