PDA

View Full Version : Motor Locked, need to fix today!!!!

blaketippett
02-05-2013, 01:03 PM
1987 Raider 2.6 fuel pump was going out and it was skipping real bad. i tached it out thinking it would clear up, floated the lifters and then it was ticking BAD then i pulled up in drive and it just locked up and wouldn't crank back...any ideas of what may have happend? need fixed today gotta have a ride. starter will not even turn the fly wheel...HELPPPPPPPPPPP

camoit
02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
sounds like you lost oil pressure or dropped a valve. Very bad. I don't think you are going to get it running today. You can try to rotate the engine backward but I think it's done for.

blaketippett
02-05-2013, 04:34 PM
just took the plugs out and tryed to turn the motor over and it turned over! but didnt crank!

pennyman1
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Sounds like the oil pump quit or the pickup plugged up. Pull the valve cover and see if the timing chain is still on the sprocket - I have seen these motors throw the chain if the oiler on the front of the block gets plugged and the chain runs dry.

recian
02-06-2013, 12:02 PM
If plugs being out allowed the engine to turn thats usually liquid lock. Either it filled a cylinder with coolant or gas due to a misfire. The 2.6 heads were known to crack between the cylinders also and that could cause liquid lock if your plugs get fouled and it cant be burned. My dad put 3 2.6L engines in our 80s box body voyager van when i was younger for that problem. 3rd was a rod through the block

iceman
02-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree, sounds like liquid lock, my type 4 vw did that a couple times when I was running the old dry sump, although that sounds different from your problem. check your plugs and for flooded cylinders maybe?

92bluemax
02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Dang dude hope you get it fixed:bang: