PDA

View Full Version : 80 d50 carb question

kev63rod
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
hi all, i bought a 80 d50 with a 2.0 in it years ago for $25. i pulled the carb for a rebuild and got it rebuilt but was in the middle of a move at the time and never got it put on. i rebuilt it cause it was running really badly i just found the carb today and was wanting to get it put on this weekend but have no idea where all the hoses go now. did a search on the net and found this place, was wondering if anybody here would have pics and diagrams of how the hoses are routed? tryin to get it running for a friend whos car just broke down on him. thanks for the help

Ramit
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Is there not a sticker on the backside of the hood that has the routing for the vacuum lines on it? The sticker on my '83 is shiney silver like chrome.

kev63rod
01-17-2013, 09:07 PM
it does have the sticker but its kinda hard to see and i couldnt quite make sense of it. i was hoping that someone would have a better picture or diagram of it.

92bluemax
01-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Do a search in the manuals section,and you should find it

camoit
01-19-2013, 12:48 AM
manual section.. there is a first gen factory manual. .PDF format

ikeepzitclean
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
well first of all welcome to our board! there is a lot of info here on the forum, hope u enjoy. like camoit was sayin we have a section for service manuals and there's plenty of info in there. have any pix of ur rig? we love pix here.. i know i do! lol :grin:

pennyman1
01-19-2013, 11:59 AM
When you look at the vacuum hose drawings, be aware that the hoses can be different depending on when the truck was built - early 80 trucks and later 80 trucks have different hose connections and routings - and the manuals are not quite correct either - they don't match the stickers or the truck most of the time. Geronimo is an early 80 truck, but hasn't been stock since 1983. I have a later 80 sport with a 2.6 auto in it but I have no idea how close it is to stock or of its correctness - its my parts truck. It would be far easier to put a weber on it and eliminate all but a couple of the hoses, but that costs money. If you were closer I would come and look at it, but sd is a little far for me.