PDA

View Full Version : Automatic to Manual Transmission Swap Need Advice

Kettleman
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Good Day Fellow Members,

I have a old ram 50 with the 2.0 four cylinder. It currently has an automatic transmission, yet I want to install a manual transmission.

Can this be done? Is the manual transmissions bell housing the same as the automatic.

What things will I need. I am assuming transmission, flywheel, starter ring gear, clutch.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Seth

recian
01-10-2013, 04:16 AM
It can be done but you need a trans, clutch/flywheel, clutch cable, pedal assy, trans mount/bracket from the other truck. You'll need to modify the pedals and the body of the truck is different to hold the cable. That's what deterred me. I'd rather just buy a M/T truck or a super cheap doner truck. Check this link out

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/1729-94-5-speed-swap?highlight=mighty+5-speed

pennyman1
01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
you also need the drive shaft as they are different lengths, and either the tranny tunnel needs modified or the pedals need modified so the gas pedal does not end up behind the brake.

DroppedMitsu
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
What year is your 2.0? I have heard that the automatic trannys were wide block pattern while I know the manual trannys are narrow block pattern.