PDA

View Full Version : Laying frame

Sergio T
11-25-2012, 09:58 AM
So you all know I finally got the Mighty Max 'bagged. And like almost every mini trucker, I don't think it's low enough. So my question is, how can I get it to lay frame, without body dropping it? I know that's the way to go these days, but I just don't want to go that route. Any suggestions? Maybe Z the frame or re-fab the cross members so they're flat?

camoit
11-25-2012, 10:26 AM
But it looks like the frame is, on the ground. Is it?

Fordubishi
11-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Find a sec gen ground effects kit and you can lay the rockers on the ground with out doing more frame fab.

camoit
11-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I know handySmurf has parts he is getting rid of. Pick Up only. But I have no idea what it might be. I just hope someone gets them soon. It's in the for sale section.

DroppedMitsu
11-25-2012, 01:48 PM
You don't have to body drop to lay flat frame, that's just to go even lower and it looks a lil cleaner seeing no frame. All you need to do Sergio is rework the cross members that are holding you up and you should be laying full frame no problem.

irishkael
11-26-2012, 06:58 AM
if you have someone that can do it, id look into just getting the cross member smoothed down. you may call the california customs fab shop down here in ft smith. i know they did one on a full size chevy not to long ago. plus kris there main fab guy is very familiar with d50/mighty maxs.

l.k.
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
all the hard work is done. move modify build crossmembers possibly z it. go for it.

Sergio T
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys! I knew the answer, I just wanted to confirm it. I will look into re-fabbing the cross members since that's the only thing keeping me from laying frame. Thanks again, and as always, I will post pics.

tj mightymax
12-01-2012, 12:56 AM
i looked at ur truck and it looks really nice i have one question though is it nessesary to notch the frame to install airbags ???

DroppedMitsu
12-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I would at the very least put in a notch like this; http://thorbros.com/notches/bolt-c-notch-kit (but weld it in) since if you're wanting bags you're obviously wanting to go pretty low and you don't want the axle banging into the frame all the time. Not good for the axle or for the ride.

Fordubishi
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Nope I didn't notch my frame and with the air bags deflated the axle sits on the frame. Granted I can't drive it that low also the front wheels will hit the wheel well when turned but I made it that way for shows and the frame sits 3/4" at its lowest point. With the air bags inflated I have just about 4" of road clearance and don't have to slow down for bumps or rail road crossings.Like Dropped said you can go with a small C-notch if you want but you don't "have to".

Sergio T
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Did you guys just thread-jack my thread? Lol
True, you don't have to, but then you run into the same problem I'm having...Eventually, you'll want to go lower.

camoit
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Did you guys just thread-jack my thread? Lol
True, you don't have to, but then you run into the same problem I'm having...Eventually, you'll want to go lower.

It's like inviting friends to help work on your truck. They drink allot of beer, point, talk and give you a hand then come up with ideas. Then they drink more beer and the next thing you know there looking at there trucks trying to figure out a better way to,,,,,,,, what did you say???????? Oh, Welcome to the board. Just ask any question you may have. Someone will help you. :lmao:

tj mightymax
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
hahahahah true ill start my own next time but ur right i will wanna go lower in the long run the thing is that i still want a full bed cuz i dj on the weekends and with a raised bed i dont feel that my stuff will stay there ok i will go start my own thread about timming belts feel free to stop by lol