PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Pinetop AZ!

seanh1982d504x4
11-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I have an 82 D50 4X4 that we got off eBay in Prescott Valley, AZ. The truck needed work, so my friend and I pulled it through the mountains and got it here. We got it running and my friend drove it around for about six months and then moved across the state (he had the truck on a dolly as he was having carb issues). I bought it off him and pulled it back here (another 400 miles on a dolly), six months later when my vehicle jumped time and was useless. So I got the truck running strong and drove it for about a year, until I blew the head gasket. The truck has been sitting in a field for about 18 months now. The head warped and needs to be shaved. I have decided to dump a 318 in there instead of rebuilding that weak 2.6. I came across this site during my investigation for others that have done this (I am realizing that this conversion has been done by many others).

The body of my truck has what appear to be 1.5 inch spacers between the frame and body (I don't believe they are stock, just an alteration from a previous owner) and the torsion bars are tweaked out to the max. I found through a thread on this site that I can swap my front end wit a Montero front end and all will be well. Currently, I plan on lifting the suspension a few inches and getting a 3" body lift to replace those "homemade lift spacers on the truck currently. I am just curious about the torsion bar clearance when I put an A block in there ...

That's my story and why I'm here. I find the articles and threads on this site to be EXTREMELY useful, thanks!!! :)

Sean

irishkael
11-05-2012, 06:21 AM
welcome