PDA

View Full Version : Hello From TN/AL state line

smokin-ricers
10-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I am a new member here from Fayetteville TN. I have owned my 1986 D50 Custom for about 6 months. It will start and run but I am fighting a Vapor Lock issue currently making the truck virtually unusable. I hope to contribute as well as learn a few things.

4doorciv
10-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Interesting choice in name. Welcome.

camoit
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Welcome, have you changed the fuel filter yet?

smokin-ricers
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
to 4doorciv
yeah the screen name was my first forum name on srtforums.com back when I first bought the SRT-4 and I thought it was a name that fit the SRT pretty well. because it was always smokin the ricers that I raced when I was stationed in Guam

to camiot
I have put on a new fuel pump and filter as well as rebuilding the carb. I am gonna install an electric fan in front of the radiator to push air through the radiator as well as having the stock fan pulling from the engine bay side to help the cooling effect of the cooling system if that doesn't work I am going to do a electric fuel pump setup on it because I am eventually gonna do a swap to a 2.6 fuel injected turbo motor from a Conquest a buddy of mine has.

pennyman1
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
pull the lines off the vapor canister - if its plugged it can act like vapor lock.