PDA

View Full Version : Jdm diesels

Morrow
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good connection to get a used drop in 4d55 or JDM. Considering this option before I undertake rebuilding mine.

Thanks

abeemanator
10-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Just an idea, I work at a tool rental buisness and we have several of those Air Man 185 Air Compressors which use the Nissan TD27 which are a 2.7l 4 cyl diesel that Nissan used in their trucks, might be an option if you found one on Craigslist with a seized compressor or something, You might find a good Mitsu 4d55 in something like a forklift.

Morrow
10-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Alright thanks

abeemanator
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I know I'm not much help, but it would be cool to see someone swap one of those engines into a d-50.

mikewarme
10-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Id avoid this option like the plague unless you got the engine real cheap. They are all shot with their age. So unless you got it for $300-$500 tops id rebuild mine. I've bought many 4d55/56's and never found a good used one. People never change the oil like they should, they overheat them etc. If yours is running and does not have fuel injection problems id rebuild it so you know what you have.

ikeepzitclean
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good connection to get a used drop in 4d55 or JDM. Considering this option before I undertake rebuilding mine.

Thanks

camoit posted this link in another thread.. i glanced at the site and they seem to have a wide selection of JDMs and some diesels too. here it is: http://www.allengine.com/home

Lem Forder
01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
I just posted a diesel rig for sale in Washington in the Craigslist section. It might be worth checking out. Seems kinda pricey to me, but at least you'd be able to check it out thoroughly before buying it.

ikeepzitclean
01-15-2013, 12:16 AM
i know its been a while since u started this thread..any updates?

I just posted a diesel rig for sale in Washington in the Craigslist section. It might be worth checking out. Seems kinda pricey to me, but at least you'd be able to check it out thoroughly before buying it.

that truck isn't worth the price tag it has. whoever decides to buy that needs to seriously lowball the guy. lol