PDA

View Full Version : Noob

mantis8585
04-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, I am the resident newbie. I just found and bought an 83 Dodge power ram 50 4x4 with the mitsubishi 2.3 turbo diesel. I had never even heard of one of these a few days back when I stumbled upon this on craigslist. I drove 5 hours the next morning leaving at 3am just to make sure no one else bought my treasure. The motor was (is) completely disassembled when I bought the truck and I am hoping all the pieces are present. I have the block, head, and crank at the machine shop now getting it inspected and MIC'ed. I'm praying that I only get good news about the engine so I can begin ordering the over haul kit. I spoke to Mike Warne on the phone a few days back and It seems he either has all the parts I will need or know where I can order them. If anyone is in Phoenix and likes to work for beer give me a holla and I will hook you up.
Mike

l.k.
04-20-2011, 08:40 PM
welcome to the site man....im sure you will be able to get all you need or the info on getting it here.

4doorciv
04-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome to the board. Happy trucking. I have not seen any more then 2 locally and one of which was a scrap yard. I would like to own one one day, but I'm not too sure that'll happen. The closest thing I came to one was a 1986 Nissan hardbody because of the styling.

l.k.
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
yeah super nice find....hope to see this thing up and running