PDA

View Full Version : idle problem....

curtislow89
09-02-2012, 07:03 PM
ok so im getting my d50 back on the road after 7 years sitting on the trailor in he yard.
when i give my truck gas 2 things happen that arent supusto
1 it dosent slow its revs down fast enough, im thinking a vaccuum problem?
2 my speedo moves some, at full revs its at like 20 mph

any help would be helpfull thanks do much

camoit
09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Did you change the fuel filter and clean out the carb good?

curtislow89
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
yes complete new fuel system. carb cleaned pretty well, i ran it and sprayed some cleaner in it and ran some hi test fuel.

dotd0t
09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
i had this problem with mine, thought it was vaccuums and or carb rebuilt carb same thing checked and sprayed and replaced vaccuums same thing so i took intake manifold off and cleaned it real good and found that through the exhaust theres a port that goes into the intake manifold and it was completely clogged from the exhaust through engine and all the way through the intake manifold. all else fails take off the intake manifold and clean it good and blow every one of the holes out with a airhose so you can go completely through it.

Fixed my problem hopefully it does your's cheap easy fix :) as for speedometer you may need to take the speedo cabkle out and put some oil down it and get it nice and lubricated again. it might not be spinning and strecthing good after sitting so long. Good luck and let us know

curtislow89
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
awsome thanks dot ill get on that and let you know how it goes

camoit
09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
You never said it had a rough idle. That can be the EGR is stuck open or just not working at all. Also the PCV can cause some strange problems.

dotd0t
09-07-2012, 06:42 AM
if you're talking about my problem on rough idle that was fixed mostly when i redid carb. but yees egr valve and pcv valve would do it since it carb egr is on the carb and runs through the intake into the carb on yje orig carbs if it has the egr valve not all of them had it. according to the manual at least :S

camoit
09-07-2012, 08:49 AM
The first gens had 2 EGR's one on the manifold that would allow gas to flow to the slider control on the carb. The smog guys would always try to fail me on it because they did not know how it worked. I would need to show them.

Sergio T
10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey, my truck has started to idle funny. When I'm driving and coming to a stop, it wants to stall out. Any idea what it could be? It did rain the other day and I drove it in the rain, so maybe some water go into the air filter?

camoit
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey, my truck has started to idle funny. When I'm driving and coming to a stop, it wants to stall out. Any idea what it could be? It did rain the other day and I drove it in the rain, so maybe some water go into the air filter?

Is it fuel injected?
It might have a brake booster going bad. Step on the pedal and start the engine. It should sink down. If it runs like crap then it has a leek.
You would need to drive in through a river to get enough water in there to slow it down.

Sergio T
10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
It is fuel injected. I know the power steering has a leak, but I'll have to check the brake booster. I'll give that a try tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks!