PDA

View Full Version : 86 power ram needs suspension help and that's just the begining

Arctictaco
09-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Howdy all,
New to the board. Have a 86 Power Ram the is in need of rear suspension help among other things.
240k on the clock, daily driver. Put some rail mounted tool boxes and a pipe rack on and even though I try to keep it light it's starting to sag. Figured to build up the leaf pack in the rear, anyone know what type of vehicle i might find some 3" wide leafs on? I have some 2-1/2" springs with the teflon pads, I might try them and just clamp the bejeezus out of them to keep them aligned, also looking for some U bolts as the stockers are just long enough. Love driving this little beast,
Cheers

Arctictaco
09-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Sorry about the duplicate post

pennyman1
09-03-2012, 08:50 AM
3" are too wide - these truck have 2.75" wide springs. The only person that ever sold add a leaf kits the right size was John Baker, and those have not been available for over 20 years. Rancho sells an add a leaf for these trucks with a 2" lift, but they are 2 1/2" wide. There are spring companies out there that make custom springs, check the sway away posts for contact info.