PDA

View Full Version : how do i know if my truck skipped timming ?

tj mightymax
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
hey people how do i know if my truck skipped timming i just replaced the timming belt and the old one had a bunch of teeth missing so when i aligned the sprockets the top one has no marks to line it up to (on engine block ) i put it back how it was but it doesnt seem like its runnig right any ideas????

camoit
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
There should be some sort of marks on the cam sprocket. If not then you need to make sure the #3 cylinder is on valve over lap. The lobes would be down like a dogs ears. Both intake and exhaust will be open just slightly.

LSR Mike
07-17-2012, 08:34 AM
looks like this.http://mmeierle.com/images/Max/Blue%20Engine/Engine%20Assy/June%2005%20002.jpg

down load the manual from the manuals section here on the site grab the Haynes Manual and follow the instructions.

tj mightymax
07-19-2012, 04:42 PM
yeah thats what mine looks like the 2 bottom ones are lined up but the top one is the one im not so shure but when i put it back together i didnt know if it had moved so i just installed the belt like it was before and now the truck runs a lil funny but ill check with the manuals like you said and go from there!!!! thanx

camoit
07-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Good thing for that picture of yours LSRMike. It comes in real handy all the time.