PDA

View Full Version : CL D50 in NorCal $2.2K

Crossworth
05-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Not Mine, Not Association...just sharing

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/3002041207.html

mllrtm79
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
hmmm, that kinda looks familiar somehow.

btw, there is a thread just for Craigslist posts on here. Sometimes there are good ones http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/832-The-craigslist-area

Acuta73
05-12-2012, 07:25 AM
LOL, looks like OCDBoss' truck. But $2200?? Yikes...

Crossworth
05-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Expensive @ $2.2k?
I have a theory: perhaps the prices have somewhat adjusted inflation. I am aware that orig price of these mini truck where in $4~7k+ range when new. So figuring these are not Ferrari's the price of this truck should be under $1k. But it's not. Perhaps it's a CA thing....adjusted for cost of living, so to speak. I have been looking for another 1st gen D50 for a spare, as well as a pre 74 Opel Manta. Prices seem very high for it's condition.

End of April five 1st gen D50 where on sale @ CL. All were less than a 20min drive from my home.
Two were priced in the 600~800 range. Both were in such sad shape I could not use for a parts truck due to rust, and mismatch of everything. I wondered if a wrecking yard would take it in. I called two days later and it sold. Oh my!

The other three were very nice examples but asking closer to 4k. Too rich for me. One sold for $3,600. I witness the sale, unless it was a ploy for me to outbid him, which I did not. I wish nice ones where cheaper myself.

What's even sadder is these nice looking and practical ( IMHO is the long bed ) is the supply is dwindling and no support from aftermarket industry, unlike the toyota pick ups.

Oh well...... just my thoughts.

Feedback welcomed

:0)

Acuta73
05-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I dunno, part of the beauty of these trucks is they AREN'T dime a dozen like the 'Yota's. Being painfully obsolete certainly is an issue, which is no small part of the reason they just shouldn't be over $1k unless they are something truly special.

I'm on the hunt for a nice 2WD first gen myself. In time, I will find the one I will make mine.

parrell456
05-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I bet this truck would go for over three grand in Canada!

-RHP

87octane
07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
In CA anything that runs and passes smog is worth over a grand and closer to two. Runs but won't pass smog, up to a grand anyway, usually under. Engine shot, doesn't run, still on craigs list for $500. There's no such thing as inflation. Now go back to sleep...

camoit
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Pick & Pull pays $300 to $400 per car. Same as scrap pricing. It will go up and down according to the price of scrap steel. I have the connections with the tow company's. It will change about every 2 weeks but just slightly. During the cash for clunkers program the price went down so the tow guys just sat on the cars tell the price came back up to 350 each.