PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Power Ram 50

Logique90
04-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi guys, I own a 1992 power ram 50 I need to change to differential case and the ecu, the one it has is :md163056. Please I need to know which truck differential I could replace the one on the power ram and what is your suggestion for the engine computer unit. Thanks

camoit
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi guys, I own a 1992 power ram 50 I need to change to differential case and the ecu, the one it has is :md163056. Please I need to know which truck differential I could replace the one on the power ram and what is your suggestion for the engine computer unit. Thanks

You can have the ECU rebuilt.
But what do you mean by "to change to differential case"?????

Logique90
04-22-2012, 05:09 PM
What I mean is to change the complete rear differencial. The truck have been sitting here for 2 years I am about to repair it. Thanks a lot.

camoit
04-23-2012, 12:12 PM
there is no direct swap to another rear end with out putting on new spring perches to the new rear end you go with. If there is nothing wrong with the one you besides it's been sitting I would just drive it. If you want to go with rear disk brakes then that is a another story. There is a thread open somewhere that has that dissection going on now.

pennyman1
04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
If you are worried about it sitting for awhile, change the gear oil in the rear diff to ensure there is no water contamination of the oil. I changed the oil in Geronimo and it was so bad in the diff it looked like chocolate milk instead of gear oil - the rear was from a junkyard truck - and I put in fresh oil and I have had no problems with it.