PDA

View Full Version : how much time do i have?

tanzytinkerz
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
my dad said he is going to put the balance shaft delete kit in and call it good. he isn't going to balance the motor. he says taht it can't hurt it that bad or they wouldn't sell the kits. how much time do you think I have till it sh*ts on me? could I get atleast a year or two out of her?

camoit
04-10-2012, 12:03 AM
It will vibrate a little more but you won't notice it too much. The idea behind the counter shaft is just that. it creates an offset vibration to the vibration that the engine came with because they were to lazy during production to do it the right way. The Chevy V6 4.3L is a good example. They called them little shakers for a reason. But when people complained about the vibration they added a counter shaft above the cam. All they had to do was add weight to the crank to fix the problem. But it was cheaper and faster to build a hole new block, add a counter shaft, and not change the crank production line. How they came up with that I will never know. But you will see it in my build thread in the block comparison I did.

tanzytinkerz
04-10-2012, 09:10 AM
but how long will it last? or will it last just a little more movement?

LSR Mike
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Your engine will be just fine for a very long time. the Mitsubishi Forklift 4G64 motors, come from the factory without balance shafts.
I've been racing mine without Balance shafts Since 2004. Balance shafts are for your butt, not the engine.

Just about everyone who re-builds a 4G6X motor drops the balance shafts, less to break, its a real bummer to break a balance shaft belt and have it destroy the CAM belt and valve train. One of the main reasons for the Balance shaft delete.

PapaBear
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Where to obtain said kit? I can't find one anywhere.....

LSR Mike
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
You can buy the 4 parts from Mitsubishi

part # and a how to here

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/balance-shafts.html

The procedure tells you how to use the balance shafts to remove the bearings from the block, quite ingenious.

The process is for a transverse mount engine in the car. it's much easier with the engine out of the truck.

Another Place

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=160

camoit
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Yep, just like LSR Mike says. It's for you butt. The "General American Public" doesn't like vibration or a "stiff ride" so the manufactures have learned to dumb down the cars for the Americans and there soft tushy and there bitchy passenger. Buy a car out of the country and you have the options of different suspensions for better driving and handling. But here we get a car that will push in a corner and be so smooth on the suburban neighborhood street you can put on makeup with out sticking lipstick up your nose or jabbing your eye out.
Once I drag the camo truck out of the side yard and start on it, some lucky guy will get the custom spring set out of it. It will make your truck drive like a Nascar in the corners.