PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump question

cdalejef
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Do any of you run fuel pumps? I'm intalling a new 4D56 crate motor in may B2600i and will be removing the hi pressure fuel pump from the tank but not sure if I should install a low pressure pump to help get the fuel up to the main pump.

l.k.
04-14-2011, 05:19 PM
i cant help you but im sure someone will tune in with an answer.....goodluck

wrngwae
04-15-2011, 04:18 AM
it is a good idea. i ran a holley fuel pump to the injection pump. your injection pump is also your lift pump. it will wear out quicker with out a small low pressure lift pump. if all you have is your high pressure pump, put a "T" into the return line so it sorta just recirculates. you will have faster starts and better mileage.

MainstreaM
04-15-2011, 04:44 AM
it is a good idea. i ran a holley fuel pump to the injection pump. your injection pump is also your lift pump. it will wear out quicker with out a small low pressure lift pump. if all you have is your high pressure pump, put a "T" into the return line so it sorta just recirculates. you will have faster starts and better mileage.

I'll get a pic of this setup in a day or two. :o

Kane

l.k.
04-15-2011, 05:01 AM
i guess ill be watching this thread for some info...gonna need it in the future...

i love this forum...:D

cdalejef
04-15-2011, 07:23 AM

So I can actually leave the stock high pressure pump in the tank and run this "T"?

pennyman1
04-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I would probably put a 3 port regulator in the line so I could set the pressure I want, and feed the rest back to the tank.

wrngwae
04-16-2011, 06:49 AM
thanks Kane, yea it is really easy and very affective. hey pennyman,,,,that is a great idea....i had a mechanical pump on the raider swap so,,,,if you have a stock electrical pump than that is a bonus. just be careful as the diesel is alot heavier and will thicken up in the colder temperatures. i removed the stock gas filters because they kept jelling up. i used the stock diesel heater/filter.

pennyman1
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
For us here in the snow belts an anti gel additive in the fuel for winter solves the diesel winter blues. However, even that will not help with bio-diesel or wvo - you must heat it up to prevent gelling - too much fat and wax in the fuel.