Sorry, hadn't checked in on here all day... Here's how it went...
1) Cracked open new cluster
2) Removed Gauge needles and face
3) Separated odometer from the worm gear that turns it.
4) used compressed air to spin the milage backwards toward what is actually on my truck
5) rolled back about 60,000 mile that way
6) 1/10th # broke off from the rest of the odo (FML, broken setup)
7) Go out to the truck
8) Pulled out the stock cluster
9) ripped open the stock cluster
10) remove original speedo
11) remove that whole "Maint Req'd" light setup from both clusters (useless garbage anyway)
12) swap trip meter reset bracket
13 this is where the interesting part starts) try to clean the lens for the new cluster to no avail ... keeps getting worse and worse.
14) 500 grit sand paper (oh man did I think I had effed up royally at this point)
15) 800 grit sand paper
16) 2000 grit pad
17) foam pad with rubbing compound
18) microfiber pads for cleanup
19) take a step back, remember the results of step 14, and I think my quote was "damn I'm good"
20) install brand new looking cluster in truck